Saturday, March 14, 2009

Oh Colombia!

I just ordered 5 books about Colombia. This may seem insignificant, but I am applying to go to Colombia with Christian Peacemaker Teams in July. Though I had my heart set on going to Israel, I felt as though I am supposed to apply for Colombia. The last week as I watch my friend get ready for her journey with CPT, I find myself even more excited about the idea.
Though my application isn't even in yet, I still feel this excitement over learning about a country that is considered one of the most dangerous in the world, and trying to see the hope in the midst of it all.
On top of all of it, it has given me just one more reason to return to learning spanish. It's been several years since my last spanish class, but I am discovering how important it will be to know. The prospect of going to Colombia only makes me feel the pressure more.
God truly is working in so many ways, and it will be truly exciting to see where He leads me over the next few months, and how He will carry me through the application process for this delegation to Colombia.

No comments: